Friday, October 5, 2012

Headaches Migraines and Spinal Taps OH MY!

I switched birth control pills with the educated assumption that these migraines I've been left with were not from surgery but the hormones. I got the flu then the migraine and my educated guess was not so educated. Riddled with head pain I thought I could no longer bear, a fever and a disappearing bump (disappears when it feels like it) my regular doc felt it was time for the ER.
A ct scan and spinal tap and later I lay in bed with a spinal headache and still Absolutely no answers except maybe I'm still recovering from surgery 6months later.
I can't sit for more than 10 minutes without getting the rushing head pain that feels like my head will pop off my shoulders and vomit will spray out of my mouth.
The 6 more pokes from the hospital visit yesterday which said a blood patch works for 90% of people tells me I'm the 10% that's screwed!!!
So here I am back in bed praying that the next time I sit up my head won't explode. Pretty sure the regular migraines I endure will be cupcakes compared to this head pain. Sure hope my awesome work ethic pays off while I'm not visible in the office I sure need to keep my job dear brain.

1 comment:

  1. What do you do when you experience a headache? If you're like most people, you turn to your medicine cabinet to relieve the pain. But that's only a temporary fix. In fact, some medical experts believe that using painkillers more than a few times per week can actually perpetuate headaches, making them return as soon as the medication wears off. They say any painkiller in your medicine cabinet is capable of causing rebound headaches if you take it often enough and in large-enough quantities. Over-the-counter medications that contain aspirin can cause rebound headaches and combining these painkillers with caffeine can be even worse.

    For more information about Reasons For Headaches visit Denverback.com .

    1780 South Bellaire Street Suite 710 Denver, CO 80222
    Tel: 303-300-0424
    E-MAil: denverchiropracticcenter @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete