Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stop me...NO WAY

I got the news 6 days ago now and I'm not sure where those 6 days went besides living life like a robot and trying to reorganize my thoughts. I have been attempting to train for a half marathon for 6 months (between work, school my family and making excuses). When I found out about my brain tumor I was asked if I would still run that coming Sunday. Without hesitation my immediate response was DUH! nothing will ever hold me back. So... I would actually have to put a medical condition on my ID Bracelet oh well. In fact knowing I had a medical condition that might hold someone back made me want to strive that much more and excel at this race.
I beat my projected time by a whole 15 minutes and if you are a runner you know that’s a lot of time. First half marathon (PF Chang’s Marathon 2012) and I made it in 2:17:27. I had never run 13.1 miles before but I knew I had to make it. I believe pain makes you stronger and I also believe it makes you strive for more.

The saying you can sleep when you die and live everyday like it is your last has never meant more than it does NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment