Friday, September 14, 2012

MY Best Friend

When your sick for a long amount of time everything starts to take a toll. Your personality, your relationships, your emotions and of course your physical health. I often read about men who cheat on their wife when their wife has been ridled by cancer or long term illness. What runs through my mind is do they do it because the wife has become insecure about themselves, is it because they just want to not deal with the reality of the pain their signifacant other indures that they can't fix, or is it because they were weak to begin with and they don't deserve to be with such a strong woman in the first place???
 I know growing up I watched a lot of pain from long term illness effect my home front but I never once heard my father say "I can't do this anymore" or watch him walk away easy because he was sick of seeing my mother and sister suffer. This reminds me that there are still good men out there who will stick by their best friend through everything, the great and the aweful. I don't look at my illness as me being miserable all the time however I have bought of head pain I deal with that can last 2 weeks of a month. I get angry and upset with not feeling 110% I don't always want to socialize but I never once have heard my best friend and love of my life say "he couldn't deal with me being sick" or say he needed to go out to get away from my suffering. He has stood by my side and made our friendship even stronger when I found out I was sick. He never lets me be depressed or give in to a headache and this reminds me there are still great men out there or I supposed I should say great partners.

Thank you MY best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment