Thursday, March 8, 2012

Confessions

Growing up I watched my mom and my sister struggle with everyday life having Cavernous Malformations and the seizures that plagued them. I took there struggles as being lazy, excuses and well they were different. I wanted to be NORMAL! Your asking me what normal is? Yeah I have no idea now but then I would tell you normal is going to college, having handfuls of friends, experiencing new things, having an awesome job, making lots of money and being positive. Now that I know I have a CM I see things a lot differently. I’m constantly exhausted, have a headache and yata yata yata…
As I sat with my mother as all the doctor’s who will be participating on her surgery this morning flooded in and awed and owed over the fact that “both her daughter’s also have CM’s and Theresa will be having her FIRST surgery in 9 weeks” I realized I am not any different. I too will have to go through the same struggles they went through and it has to be an independent decision to have the power within myself to want something more then just I have CM’s and all the issues that come with it.
I’ve learned to be a little less judgmental and a little more understanding. I hope that the people around me don’t judge me for my struggles but judge me for my accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment