Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Time Has Come!

When I found out I decided that giving up was not an option even though everyone disagreed. I figured if I gave up and went and got surgery my brain tumor would win. My headaches were bad and they have only gotten worse. I usually get at least a C on tests that I barely study for. I knew since my memory has digressed I would have to work that much harder. What I did not know was that even if I studied for endless hours I still would not be able to pass with even a D and all that time I struggled to study over my pain and stress would be pointless. I tried even harder for this last test and I had every bone in the body memorized until I walked into class and I lost almost every word. I got that test back yesterday knowing that if I did not pass with at least a C I would have to give in and get surgery and try again after my brain had sometime to heal. The teacher did mention that I did better than most of the class but it still was not even a C and I had no chance to pass (with a grade I would need). It was a bitter sweet moment. Bitter because I had worked so hard to try and prove myself right and now I’m scared knowing my head will be cut open in just a couple of weeks. However, the sweet moment came knowing soon I will be out of pain and soon I will be able to jump over this hurdle and move forward with the future that I have planned.


I searched the internet for endless hours yesterday searching for the pain I will expect after surgery, my recovery and maybe what my scar will look like…I came up empty handed!!! With that being said I will take you through my journey so that if you go through the same thing as me you will be able to have a better idea of what to expect and not just medical jargon on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment